Dumb.com offers stupid videos, arcade games, funny jokes, music videos, quotes, riddles, and lots more content to entertain you.
|Dumb.com » » Dumb Facts
Dumb silly and funny facts
- A cockroach can live nine days without its head before it starves to death.
- Thomas Edison, who invented the lightbulb, was afraid of the dark.
- Most American car horns honk in the key of F, which is also the same key as a telephone dial tone.
- A man named Charles Osborne had the hiccups for 68 years, from 1922-1990. They started after a 300-pound hog fell on top of him while he was getting ready to slaughter it. The hiccups stopped when he was 96, about a year before he died.
- In an average lifetime the average American receives 31 prank phone calls.
- Olive oil can be used as a hair conditioner.
- What does a soldier keep in a frog? His bayonet
- The first bar of chocolate was produced by Cadbury in England in 1842.
- Coca-cola has never been patented because to do that they would have to reveal the formula.
- Fortune cookies were actually invented in America, in the early 1900s.
- What planet has 1,600 volcanoes? Venus
- Honey is the only food that doesn't spoil.
- In England, in the 1880's, "Pants" was considered a dirty word.
- Damaged bills that are torn in half are still legal tender. They can be taken to a bank to be replaced.
- All cows are female. Male "cows" are called bulls.
- At least 9 million other people in the world have the same birthday as you.
- In Disney's Fantasia, the Sorcerer name is Yensid which is Disney backwards.
- The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
- What is the dot over the letter 'i' called? A tittle.
- A snail can sleep for 3 years.
- Elvis had a twin brother named Garon, who died at birth, which is why Elvis' middle name was spelled Aron; in honor of his brother.
- If you keep certain types of a Goldfish in the dark room, they will eventually turn white.
- Bats always turn left when exiting a cave.
- It is impossible for most people to lick their own elbow.
- Like with fingerprints, everybody has a different tongue print.
- What is Epcot an acronym for? Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow.
- There are a lot more chickens than people in the world.
- A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.
- Who is the Greek god of music? Apollo
- The fist product to have a bar code was Wrigleys gum.
- Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors.
- The word Christmas is Old English, a contraction of Christ's Mass.
- What country owns the island of Bermuda? Great Britain
- A 'jiffy' is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second
- The very first bomb dropped by the Allies on Berlin during World War II killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.
- Fingernails grow nearly 4 times faster than toenails!.
- Charlie Brown's dad was a barber.
- The mask used by Michael Myers in the original Halloween movie was actually a Captain Kirk mask painted white.
- Where were orange trees first grown? China
- The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is uncopyrightable.
- More Monopoly money is printed in a year, than real money printed throughout the world.
- The sentence "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog." uses every letter in the alphabet.
- What singer recorded an album named "The IRS Tapes; Who'll Buy My Memories" to help pay his $16.7 million tax bill? Willie Nelson
- Snakes can't blink.
- What singer's birthday (February 6th) is a national holiday in Jamaica? Bob Marley
- Frank and Ethel Mars introduced the Snickers bar in 1929. They named it after their family's horse.
- American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served in first-class.
- Espresso has significantly less caffeine per ounce than regular coffee.
- The full name for the City of Los Angeles' is "El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula"
- Ancient Egyptians slept on pillows made of stone!.