Dumb.com Lying Quotes, Quotations and Lying Sayings
Search Dumb.com:

Dumb.com » » Quotes » » Lying Quotes
Bookmark and Share

  Lying Quotes

This section contains Lying Quotes




The difference is that with fame comes a spotlight, one which has recently made it impossible to ignore the fact that more and more of those folks we place on pedestals aren't even pausing to consider an option other than lying. (Quote by - Michael Musto)

The decision that has to be made was whether it was material, whether he knew he was lying under oath, whether he did it willfully. I think that's required of any prosecutor who is charged with an investigation of this. (Quote by - Barbara Olson)

A liar is not believed even though he tell the truth. (Quote by - Marcus Tullius Cicero)

98% of the people who get the magazine say they read the cartoons first - and the other 2% are lying. (Quote by - David Remnick)

And none speaks false, when there in none to hear. (Quote by - James Beattie)

A little candor never leaves me. It is what protects me. (Quote by - Antonio Porchia)

Anyone who claims to be good at lying is obviously bad at lying. Thus - as a writer myself - I cannot comment on whether or not writers are exceptionally good liars, because whatever I said would actually mean its complete opposite. (Quote by - Chuck Klosterman)

I have avoided becoming stale by putting a little water on the plate, lying on the plate, and having myself refreshed in a toaster oven for 23 minutes once every month. (Quote by - Dean Koontz)

We tell lies when we are afraid... afraid of what we don't know, afraid of what others will think, afraid of what will be found out about us. But every time we tell a lie, the thing that we fear grows stronger. (Quote by - Tad Williams)

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth. (Quote by - Oscar Wilde)

Any fool can tell the truth, but it requires a man of some sense to know how to lie well. (Quote by - Samuel Butler)

I would be lying if I said the journalism doesn't reflect my own choices as a reporter and a writer: what to say, what to emphasize, how to say it, what is true or untrue. (Quote by - David Simon)

Lying can never save us from another lie. (Quote by - Vaclav Havel )

An actor is never so great as when he reminds you of an animal - falling like a cat, lying like a dog, moving like a fox. (Quote by - Francois Truffaut)

People who are brutally honest get more satisfaction out of the brutality than out of the honesty. (Quote by - Richard J. Needham)

I wish to Christ I could make up a really great lie. Sometimes, after an interview, I say to myself, 'Man, you were so honest - can't you have some fun? Can't you do some really down and dirty lying?' But the puritan in me thinks that if I tell a lie, I'll be punished. (Quote by - Willem Dafoe)

It is more from carelessness about truth than from intentionally lying that there is so much falsehood in the world. (Quote by - Samuel Johnson)

The cruelest lies are often told in silence. (Quote by - Adlai Stevenson)

I am different from Washington; I have a higher, grander standard of principle. Washington could not lie. I can lie, but I won't. (Quote by - Mark Twain)

Like all valuable commodities, truth is often counterfeited. (Quote by - James Cardinal Gibbons)

Remember that it is not enough to abstain from lying by word of mouth; for the worst lies are often conveyed by a false look, smile, or act. (Quote by - Abraham Cahan)

Respect for the truth is an acquired taste. (Quote by - Mark Van Doren)

I give the name violence to a boldness lying idle and enamored of danger. (Quote by - Jean Genet)

Lying is the most simple form of self-defence. (Quote by - Susan Sontag)

Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure there is one less rascal in the world. (Quote by - Thomas Carlyle)


Pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11